Radio Show by Kylie Bill ’21

NA alum Kylie Bill ’21 hosts a radio show on Tuesdays from 9-10am on WVAU, a radio station run by American University students. Watch her show here every week! Below are images of Kylie’s studio and a short interview about her experience.

What’s your show called?

My show is called Sourdough Bread. A while back I took a BuzzFeed quiz to see what type of bread I’d be and I got sourdough. I decided to name my show Sourdough Bread because the music I play just encapsulates my personality and what I’m currently listening to.

What does a day in the studio look like?

I host 1 hour shows every Tuesday from 9-10am. I’m the first show so I have the studio to myself, and I’m responsible for setting up the consoles and speakers. I curate a playlist each week I play on the station through Bluetooth, but besides the weekly routine, WVAU also has events once a month where we invite local artists from DC.

What’s your favorite part about hosting the show?

My favorite part is being able to meet so many cool people. I love being surrounded by others who enjoy sharing art and media they care about. Also, it was nice building connections with not just freshmen, but upperclassmen as well.

This entry was posted in Interview, Other and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.