Learn how to “Dance the Michael” from Artist-in-Residence Jonathan Lee

Jonathan Lee

Jonathan Lee

In Spring 2015 NA had the fortune of hosting artist-in-residence Jonathan Lee. An Alvin Ailey dance instructor, Lee has worked with various recording artists including Grammy Award winners Madonna, Gloria Estefan, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Tracy Chapman and Joe as a backup singer, dancer and choreographer.  His Film/TV credits include Fish, Chapelle’s Show, The WB Morning Show, ABC News Now, The View and Guiding Light.  Theatre credits include Once On This Island, The Wiz, West Side Story, The King & I, and Miss Saigon. Currently, Mr. Lee is working on his solo debut album. At NA he taught dance, theatre and creative writing classes and performed at Morning Meeting with another guest artist, former Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater star Amos J. Machanic Jr.

Jonathan Lee teaches Beginner Hip-Hop at the Alvin Ailey Extension in New York on Thursdays and Saturdays. If you missed him at NA, it’s not to late to learn a few steps from him here:

This entry was posted in Dance, Film and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Learn how to “Dance the Michael” from Artist-in-Residence Jonathan Lee

1. amahoney says:

As a “Thriller” graduate myself, I need to expand my “Michael” repertoire, and so am working on this move. Combining the hands AND the feet? Not so easy. Luckily, I can keep replaying in my kitchen until I get it.